Our plan was to get all the ornamental stuff out first, then the breakables, and last the machines and larger furnishings. We don't own a truck, but Shawn and George put theirs at our disposal for most of the move which really helped with the bigger things. That said, some of the biggest stuff was tootled down the street on a dolly, much to the surprise of motorists on Dundas. We joked about being EOA and seeing people making off with any kind of stolen goods in such a "bad area", even freezers, in the middle of the day.
Finally the day came when we had to assemble a moving team to get the bigger stuff out. We were the picture of efficiency - people on both ends of the move and a low trailer with lots of carting devises to help us. Then, of course, there is the unexpected. One of our signature red and white counters could not fit through the door. We had built it by hand inside the space and had failed to measure for future moving. Yikes! The whole team put their collective brains together to resolve the door problem but after more than an hour it seemed clear -- we needed to take a reticulating saw to our counter and cut it apart in some choice spot where we could mend it later. That did the trick.
With our premises now emptied we had a day to clean, repair and have an inspector take a detailed report of the conditions we were leaving behind. Given our landlord, we had to be sure that all was not only in order, but witnessed by our lawyer and a third party so that there would be no opportunity for foolishness later. With pictures taken, video shot, notes assembled, and all last minute details taken care of we turned our keys over to our lawyer to return to the landlord. A chapter of the EVC had closed, but a new one was about to begin.